COUNTY COMMUNITY-BASED MENTORING COORDINATOR
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Windsor Essex is seeking a full-time COUNTY COMMUNITY-BASED MENTORING COORDINATOR to ensure that the growth and well-being of children and youth is enhanced and sustained through the services offered by the agency. This individual is responsible to address the needs of children/youth and their families by offering brief support counselling, crisis intervention and referral services to appropriate community providers and to assess, screen, train and place volunteers within various BBBSWE programs. The successful candidate will also provide program awareness and expansion to the Essex County Region through outreach and recruitment initiatives.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Windsor and Essex County is a dynamic organization dedicated to helping children reach their full potential through mentoring. The agency currently serves more than 800 children throughout Windsor/Essex and works with many key partners to strive to provide every child who needs a mentor with a mentor.
- Bachelors of Social Work Degree preferred
- MUST HAVE a valid class G driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- Experience working with children/youth and families
- Professional capacity to function independently
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational abilities
Job Type: Full Time
Applications must be received by July 13, 2018 at 5pm. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply to: Rose Culmone, Director of Programs @ email@example.com